It’s finally happening. I am so excited to kiss the brown, boring kitchen good-bye and say hello to light and bright. I have a lot to do and I am so excited. So begins this kitchen remodel on a budget…
Here is my kitchen now:
Let’s talk pros and cons:
Pros: layout, lots of cabinets, solid counter-tops, and my live edge table.
Cons: Low lighting, loud/broken appliances, broken faucet, backsplash is the same as the floor tile (who does that?). And perhaps the most painful of all it’s boring and brown, brown, brown.
So here’s the plan:
- Install a new range hood, I am building a custom hood in my woodshop class (follow me on Instagram for the latest updates)
- Add pendants, swap out chandelier
- Paint cabinets
- Spray paint knobs, replace handles
- Install under-counter microwave
- Replace broken faucet
- Add water water faucet over the stove
- Install beams or tray ceiling
- New dishwasher
- Make fridge look more “built in”
Is that all? Yep, I think so. The budget for the enitre renovation is $1,500, including appliances. That’s the epitome of sweat equity! I’m going to every little step of the way myself. Except the electrical, I get a little wary about burning down the house, so I’ll bring in someone to wire it. I hope you join this kitchen remodel journey with me! You can follow along on Facebook. Also, I’m constantly pinning favorite kitchen ideas on Pinterest and would love to know YOUR favorite kitchen ideas. Comment below!