Life has been busy lately with unworthy blog projects like weeding, fixing pool equipment, and cleaning sheds and garages (really, who wants to read about that?) I have also been overwhelmed by end of school projects and festivities. I am bracing myself for summertime. I love the kids at home, but I love them productively busy too. Usually by the time school is over we are all ready for the schedule again!
Wherever you are out in blog land, may I introduce my beloved CRAB SHACK. (This is the moment that I swallow all my pride and show you amazingly messy pictures)
This room is an add on to our master bedroom and if you have always dreamed of having a room with FOUR sliding glass doors, well look no further! This room features four sliding glass doors (one indoors), old yucky carpet, a random layout, and tons of potential. It would make an awesome sun room, den, or work out space… but since we moved in almost two years ago it has been a dumping ground and computer graveyard. It’s name was coined when my husband literally wanted to hang fishnet and plastic fish in the room to accompany his beloved singing bass.
Yes, the above beautiful creation has a motion sensor that sparks up the songs “Don’t Worry Be Happy” and “Take Me to the River” as it’s freakishly real-looking head and tail swing to the beat. It was funny the first 50 times, but now it just startles me in the middle of the night.
So, this is my next BIG project. What to do with the random add-on crab shack? Really there are only three things that must stay:
- Big Mouth Billy Bass. It’s our compromise, he literally said “do what you want, but you’re not touching my fish!”
- The tree. It’s probably the only thing I LOVE in the room. It was my grandma’s and the moment I put it in the room I knew the space had potential. Trees make everything better.
- The furniture. It’s big and bulky and I like it. Plus, new furniture is not in the budget.
What will definitely be changed:
- The entry, something about a sliding glass door spliting up your master bedroom just doesn’t sing praises you know? I would love to add barn doors, but it’ll have to be the right fit.
- Flooring. The yucky big-black-dog-lived-here hasn’t inspired den greatness.
- The clutter! The inversion table, massage table, and piles of old computers are on their way out.
So, stay tuned as I *hopefully* transform the crab shack into something functional and awesome!